This recipe was not planned at all! Normally when I have a busy day I like to just cook the pork chops in some white wine, garlic & onion, which is also very delicious in it’s simplicity. But this time round I just wanted to go a different route & I was very satisfied with the recipe that came out. Needless to say everyone was happy around the table especially with the tenderness of the meat. But also the sauce is one to be scooped up with some fresh piece of bread!
Pork Chops in White Wine, Cherry Tomatoes & Spinach
Tender pork chops cooked in white wine with some delicious veggies to make this recipe even more mouthwatering. The meat just melts like butter when cooked this way. Give it a try!
- 700 g pork chops
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp meat seasoning
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 250 ml white wine
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 g spinach
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried celery
- 150 g yellow onion diced
- 35 g garlic diced
- Heat the oil & melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the pork chops to the pan & season them with salt, pepper, curry, smoked paprika, meat seasoning & Worchestershire sauce. Cook them for 6 minutes over medium to high heat. Flip the pork chops half way through the cooking time.
- Add the onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes, spinach, celery, tomato paste & wine to the pan. Bring to boil & then let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with some mashed potatoes or fries.
Calories: 468kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 42gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 297mgPotassium: 1488mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 5605IUVitamin C: 45mgCalcium: 149mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!