I have to be honest, I was always intimidated with cooking Risotto. I used to search for recipes & always want to give it a try. When I gave it a try, I was so satisfied with the results & was so proud.
It is such a smooth, creamy & tasty recipe. Rich in taste. With a few simple ingredients you can have such amazing results & more importantly, a delicious meal.
In this risotto recipe I chose to go simple. I have a craze for asparagus & wanted to cook a risotto with it. By adding the sweetness of the corn & also that bit of bite to it, it came together so nicely.
Adding the Grana Padano cheese adds to the creaminess of the risotto & also makes it richer in taste. So enjoy this Asparagus, Corn & Pea Risotto recipe & stay tuned for more risotto recipes.
Asparagus, Corn & Pea Risotto
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g garlic minced
- 140 g yellow onion diced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1500 ml beef stock
- 200 g mini asparagus chopped
- 125 g peas
- 250 ml white wine
- 140 g sweet corn
- 450 g rice
- 200 g grana padano grated
- Wash rice.
- In a casserole pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onions & garlic. Season them with salt, pepper & smoked paprika. Cook them for 3 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the wine, set the heat to medium & cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 ladles of stock & stir slowly till it is absorbed. Continue adding 2 ladles of stock each time it is absorbed & continue stirring slowly.
- Half way through the stock, add the ingredients to the rice & continue cooking, adding the stock & stirring slowly.
- When all the stock is used & absorbed, add the cheese & stir together slowly.