Pie is one of my favorite things to eat. To be honest not so much to cook, or was. Now I developed a system of dedicating time to cook multiple pies at once & then freeze them for later on. Then just pop them in the oven when I need them, don’t have time to cook or we’re craving pie.
This time I decided to try a Tuna & Spinach Pie. An easy pie when compared to other but so rich in taste.
Tuna & Spinach Pie
A crispy crusted tuna pie with spinach & many more delicious ingredients that make for a delicious pie.
- 400 g pie dough
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ stock cube fish
- 2 tbsp parsley diced
- 600 g tuna canned
- 400 g potatoes cubed
- 110 g yellow onion diced
- 30 g garlic diced
- 100 g olives sliced
- 60 g capers
- 6 slices anchovies chopped
- 250 g spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Roll out the dough & prepare the bottom of the pie in a baking dish with baking paper underneath.
- Boil the potatoes in some water with the fish cube in it. Cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are halfway cooked through.
- In a frying pan, heat up the oil.
- Add the onions & garlic. Season them with salt & pepper. Cook them for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix the potatoes, onions & garlic, drained tuna, parsley, olives, capers & anchovies.
- Cook the bottom of the dough until lightly golden brown.
- Take the bottom of the dough out of the oven, add the mixture to it & close the pie with the remaining dough. Up to you if you do the top dough whole, strips like I did or get creative. Cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes
Calories: 773kcalCarbohydrates: 75gProtein: 41gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 1704mgPotassium: 1240mgFiber: 8gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 6239IUVitamin C: 45mgCalcium: 162mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!