I simply love stew. I love cooking them, eating them, eating leftovers…I think you get the point! It’s such a delicious comfort food. There are loads of variations to this dish & everyone has their take on it, even more then one. For us, no matter how many times we cook it, we still never get tired of it. It can be such a heartwarming dish especially during cold days but of course it can be enjoyed all throughout the year, especially when surrounded with family & friends.
For this stew I decided to use sausage, more specifically pork sausage. I also wanted to concentrate on the juiciness of the red bell pepper, I simply love to cook with it. With enough time & patience, you’ll end up with a delicious plate of Sausage & Red Pepper Stew. All you’ll need to add to this recipe to make it even more yummy is a piece of fresh bread to scoop out all the flavors.
Enjoy & don’t forget to leave your feedback on what you think of this recipe, it’s always great to read your opinions!
Sausage & Red Pepper Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 200 g red onion chopped
- 15 g garlic diced
- 4 tsp curry
- 1200 g pork sausage cut into big chunks
- 3 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 700 g red bell pepper sliced
- 500 g baby potatoes halved
- 400 g tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt & pepper
- In a casserole pan, heat up the oil & melt the butter.
- Add the red onion & garlic to the pan. Season them with curry, salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage, red bell peppers, Worchestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce & tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes over medium to high heat.
- Add the potatoes, tomato sauce & vegetable stock to the pan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 hour & 30 minutes.