Tuna & Spinach Cakes (Pulpetti tat-Tonn)
A very popular dish in Malta & a yummy one too! We call them "Pulpetti" & this is just one type that you can make. More to come!
- 820 g tuna canned
- 1200 g potatoes cut into small cubes
- 800 g spinach
- 150 g grated cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 35 g garlic diced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Boil the potatoes.
- Drain the oil from the canned tuna.
- When the potatoes are cooked, start with the mixture. In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, spinach, tuna, grated cheese, garlic & parsley. Season everything with some salt & pepper.
- Mash the ingredients well with a potato masher. Start forming the patties.
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan. Start frying the patties by cooking them for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- When they are cooked transfer them onto paper towels to drain the excess oil from them.
- When done cooking all the patties, put them on a baking paper in a baking dish & cook them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve them with salad, bread or to your preference.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!