It’s is very common in my country, Malta, to stuff peppers with some kind of mixture, normally consisting of tomato sauce & meat. But this time I wanted to go for a different kind of stuffing & also pepper. I wanted to have something lighter & consisting of only veggies.
This Stuffed Sweet Red Peppers recipe is just that, light & delicious. Safe to say we will be cooking this again!
Sweet Red Peppers Stuffed with Feta & Olives
A very refreshing, light & delicious recipe.
- 6 sweet red peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper
- 100 g red onion diced
- 20 g garlic diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1½ tbsp parsley diced
- 130 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 160 g black olives halved
- 200 g feta cheese cut into small cubes
- ½ tsp breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Cut a hole, lengthwise, in the sweet red pepper. Chop the pieces that you cut out.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil & melt the butter.
- Add the onions, garlic, chopped sweet pepper, cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper & paprika to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked onion & garlic mixture, olives, parsley & feta. Mix together well.
- Place the sweet red peppers in an oven dish & stuff them with the mixture.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover the dish. Top the red peppers with the breadcrumbs & cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
Calories: 447kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 14gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 1600mgPotassium: 761mgFiber: 8gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 8435IUVitamin C: 325mgCalcium: 407mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!