When I mention or remember of Stuffed Baked Potatoes Casserole, it reminds me of my mother. When I was younger she used to stuff vegetables. Seeing as I was younger, veggies weren’t my favorite thing to eat. So she used to make time & stuff potatoes to make me happy! Recently I remembered about all this again. So I decided to create a recipe out of this loving memory of my mother that I cherish so much. I know she would be very proud to know that I put my twist to it as she was my biggest supporter. So here it is! A stuffed baked potatoes casserole with a tasty twist.
A tender potato stuffed with a delicious stuffing on top of a rich, mouthwatering tomato sauce. It’s a very filling & heartwarming meal. You’re sure to be very happy & have your belly full when you’re done eating.
Stuffed Baked Potatoes Casserole in Tomato Sauce
- 2.5 kg potatoes large, peeled
- 280 g red onion diced
- 200 g bacon chopped
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 3 tsp curry
- 115 g peas
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 30 g garlic diced
- 400 g tomato sauce
- 230 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tsp oregano
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 150 g grated cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Create a hole in the potatoes.
- Heat the oil & melt the butter in a frying pan. Add 100g of the onions, garlic & curry. Cook for 4 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, oregano, Worchestershire sauce & tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce & stock. Bring to boil & then let simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan, heat the pan up. Add the bacon & cook for 3 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas, mushrooms, teriyaki sauce, pepper & the rest of the onions. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Cover the frying pan, lower the heat & cook for 10 minutes.
- In an oven dish, spread the tomato sauce on the bottom. Spread the potatoes. Stuff the potatoes with the bacon mixture. Cover the dish with aluminium foil & cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover the dish. Top the potatoes with the grated cheese & breadcrumbs. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.