Such a heartwarming baked pasta dish! With a few simple ingredients but yet such a mouthwatering dish. This dish is a true example that with just a few ingredients, a great meal can be created that can be enjoyed by everyone.
It’s a recipe that reminds me of home. This baked pasta is such a comfort food in our household. It’s simply creamy because of the ricotta, crunchy because of the cheese surface that is baked in the oven & so much more.
Give this baked pasta dish a try & let us know what your thoughts are about it.
Baked Pasta Shells in Tomato Sauce & Ricotta
A very simple, easy & quick way to create a delicious baked pasta dish. This pasta dish has a few key, simple ingredients but they're more then enough to have a tasty lunch/dinner for everyone!
- 500 g ricotta
- 500 g pasta shells
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley diced
- 400 g tomato sauce
- 200 g bechamel sauce
- 150 g grated cheese
- 3 medium eggs beaten
- 430 ml milk
- Preheat oven at 225C.
- In an oven dish, mix the tomato sauce, ricotta, bechamel sauce, ¾of the portion of the grated cheese, parsley, olive oil, eggs & season with salt & pepper.
- Mix in the pasta shells in with the sauce.
- Add the milk with everything else & mix well together.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil. Cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover the dish. Cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes more.
Calories: 803kcalCarbohydrates: 73gProtein: 33gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 655mgPotassium: 676mgFiber: 4gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1747IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 496mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!