Spinach, Bacon & Tomato Pasta Sauce
Consisting of spinach, bacon, tomatoes & pasta, this recipe is a simple but delicious one! One of my favorites & my go to when I'm unsure of what to cook. With this recipe I'm sure to have smiles all around the table!
- 300 g bacon chopped
- 700 g tomato sauce
- 250 g spinach
- 120 g yellow onion diced
- 25 g garlic diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 g pasta
- Grana Padano grated
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- Boil the pasta to your liking.
- Heat the oil & melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the onions & garlic. Season them with the paprika, salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bacon & Worchestershire sauce to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, tomato paste, tomato sauce & vegetable stock cube to the pan. Bring to a boil & then let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with the pasta & then garnish with the Grana Padano.
Calories: 691kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 6gFat: 66gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1581mgPotassium: 1266mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 6052IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 112mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Thank you for your feedback! Continue following for more recipes.
It’s Food o’Clock!