Spicy Bacon & Egg Fried Rice
Fried rice is such a favorite in our household so we always try different ways. Spicy & full of flavor, topped with a runny fried egg. A flavorful recipe indeed!
- 220 g bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 90 g yellow onion diced
- ½ tsp ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 350 g rice
- 60 g peas frozen
- 3 medium eggs beaten
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sambal sauce
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions sliced
- Boil the rice.
- Heat up a frying pan. Cook the chopped bacon for 6 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally. When done cooking, put aside the bacon in a separate container.
- In the same pan, cook the onion for 3-5 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger & garlic to the pan, season them with the pepper & cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the pan & add the rice. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peas to the pan, mix well together with the rice.
- Push the rice to one side of the pan & pour in the eggs on the other side. Cook the eggs & as they cook stir them in with the rice.
- Add the soy sauce, sambal, sesame oil & bacon. Mix well & turn the heat off.
- In a separate pan, fry the eggs & serve them on top of the rice. Add some spring onions on top.
Calories: 687kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 12gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 226mgSodium: 468mgPotassium: 215mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 394IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!