English Breakfast Stew
Trust me when I say it's delicious. Had the ingredients & the plan to cook an English breakfast but instead wanted to create something different with the ingredients. Really glad with the outcome!Don't be afraid to have some leftovers, checkout this Leftover "English breakfast stew" pasta casserole recipe.
- 400 g pork sausage cut into smaller chunks
- 250 g bacon slices
- 650 g tomatoes cut into fours
- 500 g tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper
- 400 ml meat stock
- 6 medium eggs hard boiled
- 250 g mushrooms halved
- Sliced bread toasted
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g yellow onion roughly chopped
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- In a casserole pan, heat up the oil & melt the butter.
- Add the onion to the pan & season it with salt, pepper & garlic powder. Cook for 3 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausages & Worchestershire sauce. Cook for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, bacon & mushrooms to the pan. Cook for 7 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce & meat stock to the pan. Bring to a boil & then let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Check the consistency of the stew. If it's too runny, add some cornstarch slowly to the pan, mixing it well.
- Add the boiled eggs to the stew & let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the stew with some toasted sliced bread for dipping.
- TIP: for ideas on what to create with this delicious recipe's leftovers, go to "Pasta" section & search for "Leftovers English Breakfast Stew Pasta Casserole"!
Calories: 1007kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 55gFat: 70gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 364mgSodium: 26009mgPotassium: 2138mgFiber: 6gSugar: 30gVitamin A: 2496IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 179mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!