Sausage & Potato Baguette Topped with Melted Cheese
Crispiness of the baguette complimented with the crispiness of the roasted potatoes. On top of all that deliciousness, a layer of melted cheese. Yummy!
- 400 g pork sausage casing removed & meat crumbled
- Salt & pepper
- 120 g yellow onion sliced
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 baguettes
- 250 g potatoes sliced
- Cheese slices
- Barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven at 225C.
- Start by boiling the potatoes half way through in some lightly salted water.
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil & melt the butter.
- Add the sausage meat along with the teriyaki sauce & season with salt & pepper. Cook for 6 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onions, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp paprika powder & chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat, covering the frying pan.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking tray. Brush them with 1 tbsp of olive oil & season them with the remaining paprika, garlic powder, rosemary, salt & pepper. Cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until they start to turn crispy.
- Toast the baguette a bit. Slice it in half, lengthwise. Spread some butter. Start stuffing the baguette with a layer of sausage mixture, potatoes, cheese. Put for another couple minutes in the oven until the cheese starts to melt. Then if you'd like, add some barbecue sauce.
Calories: 786kcalCarbohydrates: 80gProtein: 29gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1762mgPotassium: 762mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 642IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 125mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!