Sausage & Egg Rice Casserole
Such a delicious rice recipe with a crispy, cheesy topping that makes it that extra yummy.
- 400 g rice
- 400 g pork sausage sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp wok oil
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 150 g yellow onion diced
- 150 g spinach
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 medium eggs beaten
- 100 g grated cheese
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Boil the rice.
- Heat up the pan & then add the wok oil.
- Add the onions to the pan & season it with salt & pepper. Cook for 4 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage, teriyaki sauce & paprika powder. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach to the pan, lower the heat, cover the pan & cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Mix the sausage mixture, rice & eggs together.
- Put the mixture in an oven dish & top it off with the grated cheese. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
Calories: 575kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 24gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 929mgPotassium: 538mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 3830IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 195mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!