This Sausage Casserole recipe is just a great, tasty, homey meal. Few simple layers to create comfort food.
- 460 g canned sausages cut into 3 pieces
- 170 g peas frozen
- 500 ml beef stock
- 150 g bacon chopped
- 240 g white onion chopped
- 590 g potato slices
- 200 g carrots sliced
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cook the bacon & onions in a frying pan. Season them with pepper & curry powder. Cook for 7 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off when done cooking.
- In a casserole dish start creating the layers. Start by first layering a layer of potatoes, then carrots, peas, sausages, cooked onions & bacon. Keep layering in the same order till you have finished all the ingredients.
- Pour the stock over everything.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil & cook in the oven for 60 minutes.
- After the 60 minutes, remove the foil & then cook in the oven for 15 minutes more.
Calories: 810kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 21gFat: 60gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 1363mgPotassium: 1320mgFiber: 8gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 8678IUVitamin C: 53mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!