With this recipe I wanted to try something different when it comes to stuffing aubergines and I must say that I am very happy with the result. That's why I'm sharing it with you all. Give it a try!
- 400 g white fish fillet
- 3 large aubergines
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 150 g white onion diced
- 15 g garlic diced
- ½ fish stock cube
- 250 g mozzarella sliced
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Slice the aubergines in half & dig the center out with a spoon. Brush the center of the aubergines with some olive oil & season with salt & pepper. Put them in an oven dish & bake them in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Chop the center part of the aubergines that you removed earlier.
- In a frying pan, heat up the oil & then cook the onion & garlic. Season them with salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped aubergines, fish fillets & stock cube to the pan. Flake the fish fillets & cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the pan. Bring to a boil & then simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Fill the aubergines with the mixture you cooked & then top them off with the mozzarella slices.
- Cook the aubergines in the oven for 15 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!