Pork in Tomato & Mushroom Sauce
Tender pork cutlets cooked in a delicious sauce. This recipe is one of my favorites from my mother-in-law.
- 1200 g pork cutlets
- 120 g white onion diced
- 25 g garlic diced
- 550 g tomatoes sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 100 ml meat stock
- 220 g mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Heat the oil & melt the butter in a casserole pan.
- Add the onions & garlic for 5 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes & stock. Cook them for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat & season it with salt & pepper. Cover the pan & cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan & simmer for 20 minutes.
- You can serve it with some mashed potatoes.
Calories: 370kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 51gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 4153mgPotassium: 1282mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 845IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Very nice recipe. Family liked it. I will deffentely cook it again.
That’s great that you liked it & even better that so did all your family!
Thank you for your feedback 🙂