I always was very curious about this recipe & always wanted to try this. Finally I got around to cooking it & I must say I was missing out on a very juicy, sloppy, delicious meal.
- 900 g minced meat pork
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 150 g green bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp mustard
- 6 burger buns
- 40 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g white onion diced
- 15 g garlic diced
- 350 ml ketchup
- 215 ml water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Heat the olive oil & melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the minced meat & season it with salt & pepper. Break the meat apart while cooking. Cook for 6 minutes over medium to high heat.
- When the meat is cooked through, drain the meat & put aside in a container.
- In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic & green bell pepper for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the meat back to the pan & also add the tomato paste, ketchup, water, mustard, brown sugar & Worchestershire sauce. Stir everything well together & cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until the sauce had thickened.
Calories: 629kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 32gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 945mgPotassium: 807mgFiber: 2gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 484IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 138mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!