Meatballs in Tomato Sauce Casserole
Rich tomato sauce with hearty meatballs topped with some delicious, melting mozzarella. All to create a rich, delicious dish. Can be served by itself with some bread or as a sauce for some pasta.
- 750 g minced meat beef
- 1 tbsp dried celery
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp meat seasoning
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 70 g butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 700 g tomato sauce
- 15 g garlic diced
- 70 g white onion diced
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 165 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 300 g mozzarella chopped
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Melt ½ the butter & heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper to the pan. Cook for 4 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, tomato paste & Worchestersshire sauce to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan & bring to boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the minced meat, salt, pepper, meat seasoning, curry, paprika, garlic powder & celery.
- Form the meatballs & set them aside.
- In another frying pan, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil & melt the rest of the butter.
- Cook the meatballs for 5 minutes over medium to high heat, turning them as they brown on each side.
- When done cooking the meatballs, put them in an oven dish & pour the tomato sauce over them.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil & cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the dish & add the mozzarella on top of the meatballs. Cook in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!