Coconut Shrimp Curry Risotto
A flavorful shrimp & creamy, aromatic coconut sauce complimented with the rice. A meal that simply has it all!
- 550 g shrimps
- 240 g leeks sliced
- 15 g garlic diced
- 50 g ginger grated
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 400 g rice basmati
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200 g carrots shavings
- 120 g peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1600 ml coconut milk
- Heat the oil & melt the butter in a casserole pan.
- Add the leeks & garlic. Season them with salt, pepper & curry. Cook for 5 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger, carrots, peas & vegetable cube to the pan. Cook for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice & coconut milk to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimps to the pan & cover the pan again. Let it cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
Calories: 975kcalCarbohydrates: 76gProtein: 31gFat: 64gSaturated Fat: 52gCholesterol: 232mgSodium: 903mgPotassium: 1032mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 6399IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 254mgIron: 13mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!