Chicken, Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomato Calzone
Such a great combination of flavors that you can never go wrong with these set of ingredients. So this time I went this route & decided to create a calzone. Let me just say it was a great decision. Try it & you'll find out for yourself.
- 800 g pizza dough
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes sliced
- 250 g mozzarella chopped
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- ½ tsp sesame seeds white
- 300 g chicken breast sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven at 225C.
- Season the chicken beast with salt, pepper & smoked paprika.
- Heat oil & melt butter in frying pan. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes over medium to high heat, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
- Open the pizza dough & split it into 2 to cook 2 calzones. Spread 1 tbsp of pesto on each pizza dough but only on one side of the pizza dough. Spread throughout the sun-dried tomatoes, chicken slices & pine nuts. Top with mozzarella & sprinkle some oregano on top.
- Close the dough over & seal with a fork by pressing the edges. Poke the dough on the top with the fork.
- Brush the top with some beaten egg & sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Put the calzone on baking paper in a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Calories: 944kcalCarbohydrates: 112gProtein: 50gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 2061mgPotassium: 1223mgFiber: 7gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 1195IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 372mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!