Cheesy Egg & Vegetable Casserole
A baked & tasty recipe made up of fresh vegetables that makes this recipe a nourishing one!
- 500 g potato sliced
- 250 g courgette sliced
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- Salt & pepper
- 270 g red bell pepper sliced
- 50 g leeks sliced
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Baking spray
- 400 g tomatoes sliced
- 1 tsp curry
- 8 medium eggs beaten
- 100 g grated cheese
- 2 tsp parsley diced
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Boil the potatoes half way through in some water & vegetable stock cube.
- Spray an oven dish with the baking spray & let it set.
- In a frying pan, heat up the olive oil. Add the red bell pepper & leeks. Season them with the smoked paprika, teriyaki sauce, salt & pepper. Cook for 15 minutes over low to medium heat, covering the pan.
- When everything is cooked, start layering the ingredients. Start by creating a layer of potatoes & also on the sides of the dish. Create a layer on top of the potatoes with the courgettes, then the bell pepper mixture, tomatoes & season with the curry on top. Pour the eggs all over & sprinkle the parsley. Cover the dish with aluminium foil. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After the 45 minutes, uncover the dish & add the grated cheese on top. Cook for another 10 minutes in the oven.
Calories: 308kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 16gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 236mgSodium: 604mgPotassium: 868mgFiber: 5gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 3299IUVitamin C: 92mgCalcium: 190mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!