Cheesy Chicken Casserole in Tomato Sauce
A rich, tasty tomato sauce with tender chicken & topped with crispy, cheesy toppings. What more can you want from a yummy casserole recipe?!
- 1 kg chicken breast sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tbsp parsley diced
- 800 g tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 130 g yellow onion diced
- 20 g garlic diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 200 ml white wine
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 120 g grana padano grated
- 2 tsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven at 225C.
- Heat olive oil & melt butter in a frying pan.
- Add the chicken & the chicken seasoning to the pan. Cook for 6 minutes or until it's golden, over medium to high heat. When done, put aside.
- In the same pan, add ½ the white wine to the pan & bring to a boil.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt, pepper & curry powder. Cook for 3 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato paste, Worchestershire sauce, the remaining white wine & oregano to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce, stock & parsley. Bring to boil & then let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place a small amount of the tomato sauce in a casserole dish, covering the bottom. Place the chicken breast all around. Cover with the tomato sauce & top with the grated grana padano. Make another layer with the chicken, top with the tomato sauce & again with the grated grana padano. Top everything with the breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve with some mashed potatoes.
Calories: 383kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 45gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 1401mgPotassium: 1279mgFiber: 3gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 975IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 314mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!