Beef & Tomato Stew
A hearty, tender, rich beef stew! I always make extra servings. First I serve it with some fresh bread & then have leftovers for a delicious plate of pasta. Believe me, you will be licking your plates serving it either way!
- 700 g beef rib steak cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 95 g celery chopped
- 1 l meat stock
- 270 ml red wine
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 190 g white onion roughly chopped
- 260 g carrots sliced
- 170 g peas frozen
- 550 g potatoes cut into large cubes
- 700 g tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- Melt the butter & heat up the oil in a casserole pan.
- Add the meat & celery to the pan. Season with the curry, paprika, salt, pepper & Worchestershire sauce. Cook for 10 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine & meat stock to the pan. Bring to a boil & let it simmer for 60 minutes.
- After the 60 minutes pass, add the potatoes, carrots, peas, tomato paste, onion & tomato sauce to the pan. Stir everything well together & bring to a boil. Let simmer for another 60 minutes.
- Serve it with some bread or even with some pasta.
Calories: 776kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 59gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 40828mgPotassium: 2230mgFiber: 8gSugar: 37gVitamin A: 8320IUVitamin C: 45mgCalcium: 187mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!