This Baked Rice dish is a popular dish in Malta. It's rich in taste, mixed with the smooth texture of the rice & topping it off with the crunchiness off the cheese on top. Perfect combination for a tasty dish.
- 500 g minced meat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp meat seasoning
- 215 g frozen spinach
- 3 medium eggs beaten
- 470 g rice
- 200 g grated cheese
- 700 g tomato polpa
- 100 g onion diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 300 g bacon chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- Baking spray
- Defrost the spinach.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Boil the rice.
- Spray a baking dish with the baking spray & let it set.
- In a frying pan, heat up the oil. Add the minced meat, bacon, meat seasoning, garlic, pepper & Worchestershire sauce. Stir everything together & cook for 10 minutes over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the onions, spinach & tomato paste. Stir together & cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato polpa, bring to boil & then simmer for 14 minutes.
- Mix the rice & the meat sauce together. Add the beaten eggs & mix well together.
- Place the rice in the baking dish & then cover the top with grated cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Before serving it, let it set for a bit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!