Baked Chicken & Couscous Wraps
This Baked Chicken & Couscous Wraps recipe is a different way to go about tortillas. It's a mixture of cuisines & a very tasty meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 60 g onion diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 50 g tomato chopped
- 90 g frozen peas
- 90 g couscous boiled
- Baking spray
- 8 small tortilla wraps
- 200 g tomato puree
- 375 g mozzarella chopped
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan. Add the chicken breast. Season the chicken with the chicken seasoning, salt & pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until it has developed some color. Cook it on high heat & stir frequently.
- Add the teriyaki sauce & stir everything together. Add the onions, bell pepper & peas. Lower the heat a bit & stir everything together. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Spray the casserole dish with baking spray & let it set for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes & stir. Set the heat to low, cover the pan & let it cook for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes, take the pan off the heat.
- Mix the chicken mixture with the boiled couscous & start assembling the wraps.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- For the filling of the wraps use some of the mozzarella & leave half of it for later.
- To assemble the wraps start by filling the wraps with some of the couscous mixture & then topping it of with some mozzarella. Then roll the wraps close. Do not close them from the sides. Place the wraps side by side till you have filled the casserole dish.
- When you have placed all the wraps in the dish, cover all the wraps with the tomato puree. Then top them off with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cook them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Calories: 754kcalCarbohydrates: 63gProtein: 53gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 1480mgPotassium: 980mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1255IUVitamin C: 73mgCalcium: 573mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!