A whole chicken is always very welcomed, any day of the week in our household. But especially for Sunday lunch it’s something that everyone loves. A roasted whole chicken can be delicious in even the most simple of ways but sometimes it’s just nice to change it up a bit & try something different, even if it means changing just one thing. It can make a difference. This time I was very quite & relaxed in the kitchen, & I simply had the time to enjoy cooking this roasted chicken. So I just opened up my seasoning cupboards & took out what spoke to me at that moment. I didn’t plan on how to cook it & just went with the flow of things. The result was simply mouthwatering & the chicken came out so tender that it falls apart at the touch, something that is always a positive! I hope that you can also enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
Whole Chicken with a Butter, Garlic & Rosemary Rub
- 1400 g whole chicken 135
- 135 g butter block chopped
- 100 g whole garlic sliced in ½
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Salt & pepper
- 150 g butter melted
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1½ tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1½ tbsp parlsey diced
- Preheat oven at 175C.
- In a bowl mix the melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, curry, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Pat dry the chicken. Put the chicken in an oven dish. Stuff the chicken with the whole garlic, rosemary & the chopped butter block.
- Rub the chicken with the melted butter mixture. Cover the chicken with baking paper & then with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover the chicken. Brush the chicken again with the melted butter mixture from the sides of the dish. Cover again & cook for another 1 hour.
- When it's done cooking, uncover the chicken & cook the chicken uncovered for 30 minutes.