Sweet Soy Chicken…it was my first time trying something of this kind & using the sweet soy sauce. & let me tell you it won’t be my last. Such a great marinade/sauce that adds so much flavor to your meals. I must say the combination of this sauce with chicken was a great one. I had tried something similar previously when eating out & I loved it! So I was very eager to give it a go for myself.
I wanted to let the sauce shine by not adding too much to it. The chicken come out so tender & juicy. Then adding the all the mixture to the rice, it balances everything!
Sweet Soy Chicken with Rice
Such a sweet glaze for some tender chicken complimented with rice & veggies. Perfect combination!
- 4 tbsp wok oil
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 115 g leeks sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 300 g green beans frozen
- 125 g beansprouts
- 8 tbsp ketjap sauce/sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds white
- 210 g rice
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 400 g boneless chicken thigh
- Boil the rice with the vegetable stock.
- Heat a frying pan up & add the oil.
- Add the chicken & season with salt & pepper. Cook for 4 minutes then flip the chicken & cook for another 4 minutes over medium to high heat.
- Add the leeks, green beans, mushrooms, beansprouts & ketjap sauce to the pan. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat, covering the pan.
- Serve the chicken mixture on top of the rice & garnish with the sesame seeds.
Calories: 651kcalCarbohydrates: 91gProtein: 26gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 1173mgPotassium: 760mgFiber: 5gSugar: 34gVitamin A: 1082IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 115mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This recipe looks really good! I like this site, you differently have another subscriber.
That is just so nice to read! It’s amazing to share a passion for cooking with other people, I actually think it’s the best thing!
Welcome to It’s Food o’Clock & feel free to leave your feedback, they will be greatly appreciated & welcomed.