Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Shrimps
This is my take on the classic Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is such a classic dish, easy & delicious. Enjoy it the classic way & also, sometimes, with a bit of a twist.
- 250 g frozen shrimp
- 200 g spaghetti
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley chopped
- 1 fresh red chillipepper remove seeds, sliced
- 1 tsp dried chilipepper
- 3 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Defrost the shrimps.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the spaghetti to your liking. *Keep some of the cooking water for later.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and bake the fresh chilipeper slices for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic & bake for another 1 minute. Make sure the garlic doesn't turn brown, otherwise it becomes bitter.
- Crush the dried chilipepers & add them to the pan.
- Add the shrimps to the pan.
- Before straining the pasta, make sure to keep some of the cooking water for later. *
- Add the spaghetti and the garlic mixture to the pan. Mix everything well and if it's too dry add some of the cooking water you saved up.
- Season with some salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley & serve.
Calories: 710kcalCarbohydrates: 81gProtein: 40gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 315mgSodium: 991mgPotassium: 539mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2067IUVitamin C: 59mgCalcium: 230mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!