Feta Cheese & Tomato Stuffed Burgers
For this recipe I was inspired by some of my favorite ingredients found in the Greek food culture. So I combined the feta cheese & tomatoes stuffed in the burger. Then some other components such as the pita & red onion.
- 800 g minced meat
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
- 80 g feta cheese chopped
- 50 g feta cheese sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 90 g red onion sliced
- 6 pita bread cooked
- In a bowl, mix the chopped feta cheese & the chopped tomatoes together.
- In another bowl, mix the minced meat, paprika powder, curry powder, pepper & parsley together.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Start forming the patties by first forming a layer of meat mixture. Add a bit of the feta cheese & tomato mixture in the middle & then add another layer of meat mixture on top. Seal tightly around the edges.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the burger patties in the pan for around 3 minutes on each side on medium to high heat. When all the patties are cooked, place in a pan & continue cooking in the oven for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, open the pitas in half & start layering with onions & tomato slices. When the burgers are done cooking, place the burger in the pita & top with some rucola/arugula & feta cheese slices.
Calories: 612kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 32gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 637mgPotassium: 604mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1017IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 197mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!