Diving deeper into the culinary treasure trove of Greek cuisine, I’ve crafted a recipe that salutes the vibrant and wholesome flavors which are the hallmark of this Mediterranean gem. The central players in this culinary creation are the rich and tangy feta cheese paired with the juiciness of fresh tomatoes—a combination that embodies the essence of Greek flavors, adding both moisture and a burst of taste to the burger.
The burger itself is a hearty homage to the classic Greek palate. Each bite into the succulent patties reveals the creamy chunks of feta cheese that have slightly melted into the meat, mingling with the sweet and tangy tomatoes that bring a refreshing balance. This interplay of flavors is wrapped in the warmth of lightly grilled pita bread, which replaces the typical bun, infusing a traditional twist and a satisfying texture contrast.
To complement these elements, a scattering of thinly sliced red onions is added to provide a sharp crispness that cuts through the rich ingredients, leaving a palate-cleansing aftertaste with each bite. All these components together ensure that every mouthful is imbued with a taste that transports you to the sun-drenched shores of the Aegean Sea.
By introducing a touch of Greece into a universally loved dish, the burger transforms into a culinary odyssey, offering a taste experience that lingers like a cherished memory. It’s an invitation to explore the aromatic and flavorful world of Greek ingredients, all from the comfort of your home kitchen.
Feta Cheese & Tomato Stuffed Burgers
- 800 g minced meat
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
- 80 g feta cheese chopped
- 50 g feta cheese sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 90 g red onion sliced
- 6 pita bread cooked
- In a bowl, mix the chopped feta cheese & the chopped tomatoes together.
- In another bowl, mix the minced meat, paprika powder, curry powder, pepper & parsley together.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Start forming the patties by first forming a layer of meat mixture. Add a bit of the feta cheese & tomato mixture in the middle & then add another layer of meat mixture on top. Seal tightly around the edges.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the burger patties in the pan for around 3 minutes on each side on medium to high heat. When all the patties are cooked, place in a pan & continue cooking in the oven for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, open the pitas in half & start layering with onions & tomato slices. When the burgers are done cooking, place the burger in the pita & top with some rucola/arugula & feta cheese slices.