In our household we have certain pasta dishes that have been enjoyed throughout the years, starting from our childhood up until now. This Seafood Pasta is one of them. I used to light up as I opened the front door to my parents house & smell the delicious aroma of this Seafood Pasta. We are big seafood lovers so it was almost like a challenge for us, seeing that everyone got the same amount of seafood in their plates!
It’s a very simple tomato sauce based pasta dish but as we all know, it doesn’t have to be complicated for it to be delicious & mouthwatering. Am I right?
Tell us what you think down below.
A simple tomato sauce based seafood pasta. Yummy!
- 350 g mixed seafood
- 300 g prawns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper
- 25 g garlic diced
- 110 g yellow onion diced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g green olives
- 50 g capers
- 300 ml fish stock
- 600 g tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp parsley diced
- 500 g pasta penne
- 30 g anchovies chopped
- Boil the pasta in salted water.
- Heat the oil & melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the onions & garlic to the pan. Season them with salt & pepper. Cook for 3 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, capers & tomato paste to the pan. Cook for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish stock & tomato sauce to the pan. Bring to boil & then let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the seafood, prawns & parsley to the pan. Let simmer for another 10 minutes.
Calories: 505kcalCarbohydrates: 76gProtein: 25gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 1779mgPotassium: 786mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 996IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 86mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!