Pumpkin & Coconut Milk Soup
Pumpkin soup is my absolute favorite soup! Pumpkin + coconut milk = super creamy, rich soup.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1800 g pumpkin
- 250 g yellow onion diced
- 35 g garlic diced
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 360 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Croutons/ Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven at 220C.
- Clean the pumpkin from the center. Cut the pumpkin into smaller portions. Place them on a baking tray on baking paper. Brush the pumpkin with 2 tbsp olive oil. Cook in the oven for 40 minutes. Set aside when cooked & let it cool a bit.
- Heat the remaining oil in a casserole pan.
- Add the garlic & onion. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime, peel the pumpkin's skin. Add the pumpkin & cinnamon to the pan. Break the pumpkin up. Add the stock & bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the honey & coconut milk. Mix well & turn the heat off. Let it cool a bit & then blend it to your liking. I like to blend it to a smooth texture.
- Serve with some croutons or roasted pumpkin seeds.
Calories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 5gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 614mgPotassium: 1236mgFiber: 3gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 25859IUVitamin C: 33mgCalcium: 101mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!