Such a classic dish! It's simple but also in a way complex with all the flavors that shine through it. This is my take on this dish & which I simply love! Definitely a favorite.
- 500 g minced meat beef
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp celery dried
- 1 tsp meat seasoning
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 120 ml red wine
- 500 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 700 g tomato sauce
- 15 g garlic diced
- 65 g red onion diced
- Grana Padano grated
- Heat oil in a pan & melt the butter.
- Add the onions & garlic to the pan. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced meat, Worchestershire sauce & meat seasoning. Stir everything together & cook for 4 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the wine, tomato paste, tomato sauce & celery. Bring to a boil & then let simmer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the spaghetti.
- Serve the spaghetti with the sauce on top & garnish with some Grana Padano.
Calories: 755kcalCarbohydrates: 89gProtein: 33gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 934mgPotassium: 1158mgFiber: 6gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 721IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!