Oven Roasted Chicken Legs
A simple Oven Roasted Chicken Legs recipe that has been a part of my family's Sunday lunches for many many years. It's a staple dish that can be found in many Maltese homes typically on a Sunday.
- 1100 g whole chicken legs
- 300 g green beans frozen
- 500 g potatoes sliced
- 180 g onions sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 500 ml boiling water
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Chicken seasoning
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In an oven dish, layer first the onions & spread the curry powder over them. Layer the potatoes on the bottom & on the sides of the dish. Add the green beans.
- Melt the chicken stock cube with the boiling water.
- Pour the chicken stock until you have covered the potatoes. Place the chicken legs in the dish & brush them lightly with the oil. Season them with pepper, rosemary & a pinch of chicken seasoning. Cover the dish with the foil & cook in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Uncover the dish & cook for another 30 minutes.
Calories: 492kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 30gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 391mgPotassium: 1068mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 662IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!