Chicken & Spinach Lasagna
Lasagna is such a rich dish & I have to admit one of my absolute favorites. So I loved giving a twist to such a classic dish. Such amazing, rich tastes. Instead of the classic meat & tomato sauce lasagna, I went with a different route. Chose chicken, spinach, mushroom & white sauce instead. The results: MOUTHWATERING!
- 800 g chicken mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g butter
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 140 g white onion diced
- 18 g garlic diced
- 450 g fresh spinach
- 230 g mushrooms sliced
- 800 g besciamella sauce
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 450 g lasagna sheets verdi
- Baking spray
- 950 g ricotta
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 400 g mozzarella sliced
- Preheat oven at 175C.
- Spray an oven dish with baking spray & let it set.
- In a pan, heat up the oil & melt the butter.
- Add the chicken mince to the pan & season it with the chicken seasoning. Break apart into small bits. Cook for 7 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onions & garlic to the pan & season everything with some salt & pepper. Cook for 8 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms & spinach to the pan. Close the pan, lower heat & cook for 12 minutes. After the 12 minutes, remove any liquid from the mixture.
- After, add the besciamella. Bring to a boil & then turn off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, salt, pepper, parsley & garlic powder well together.
- Start assembling the lasagna by layering first a layer of the lasagna sheets. Then spread the chicken mixture over & layer another layer of lasagna sheets on top. Spread half of the mixture of the ricotta & again layer a layer of lasagna sheets on top of the ricotta. Repeat with the chicken mixture, lasagna sheets & finish with the remaining ricotta on top.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil & cook in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove the foil & spread the mozzarella slices on top. Continue cooking in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool a bit when done cooking & then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!