Cheesy Chicken Dip
Need something delicious for movie night, game night or just a relaxing night? Then this might be the answer for you! A rich, creamy dip with delicious flavours.
- 800 g chicken whole legs
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 tsp chicken seasoning
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 120 g yellow onion diced
- 100 ml white wine
- 2 tsp dill
- 400 g cream cheese
- 150 g grated cheese
- In a large container, mix the coconut milk, paprika powder, curry, garlic powder, chicken seasoning, dill, salt & pepper.
- Put the chicken whole legs in the mixture & make sure they are covered well. Cover the container with some plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven at 225C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the chicken legs for 10 minutes, flipping them half way through the cooking time.
- Lower heat, add the onions to the pan & cover the pan. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Turn the heat off & with a fork, start pulling the meat of the bone. With the same fork pull the meat apart for the chicken meat to be shredded. Keep the onions from the sauce.
- Mix the chicken, onions, cream cheese & grated cheese together. Put it in an oven dish.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve with some bread or crackers.
Calories: 497kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 16gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 272mgPotassium: 394mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1046IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 179mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!