With this Baked Pasta Recipe you can never go wrong. You just get a rich tomato sauce, topped with the crunchiness from the cheese…simply delicious! A dish well known in Malta & a favorite also.
- 500 g pasta penne
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried celery
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 550 g tomato sauce
- 4 eggs medium, boiled, chopped
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp meat seasoning
- 400 g minced meat
- 80 g onion diced
- 20 g garlic diced
- Baking spray
- 150 g grated cheese
- 90 g peas
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Boil the pasta, cooking it half way through. Put aside.
- Heat the oil & the butter in a frying pan. Cook the onion & garlic with some salt & pepper for 3 minutes over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the minced meat, meat seasoning, Worchestershire sauce & celery. Cook for 6 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce & peas. Bring to boil & then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Spray a baking dish with the baking spray & let it set for few minutes.
- After the tomato sauce is done, turn the heat off & mix in the boiled eggs.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce & then add the beaten eggs. Mix well together.
- Transfer the pasta to the baking dish & then top it off with grated cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it set a bit before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!