Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Sausage Rolls
Smoked sausage rolls are already tasty on their own. Some say that everything is better with bacon so I went with it & added some cheese…Awesome!
- 550 g smoked pork sausage
- 400 g pizza dough
- 180 g bacon slices
- 48 g cheese slices cut into strips
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 1 tsp sesame seeds black
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Cut the sausage into smaller portions to make party size sausage rolls.
- Make a slit in the sausage, lengthwise & stuff it with the cheese.
- Wrap the sausages with the bacon slices & put them on baking paper in a baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes & then let them cool for around 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the pizza dough laid out. Cut into strips to be able to wrap it around the sausages. Brush some tomato sauce on the dough & then wrap the sausages. Put them on a baking paper in a baking tray again.
- Brush them lightly with the egg & sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Cook in the oven for 10-13 minutes.
Calories: 142kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 5gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 337mgPotassium: 42mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 61IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 29mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!