When I was younger I absolutely hated the idea of having to eat asparagus. But as many things in life, things change! Now I absolutely LOVE asparagus. The taste & texture that it adds to meals is mouthwatering.
This recipe came about after having a really busy & tiring day. I had other plans for the asparagus that I had in my refrigerator but it was too complicated after the day I had. But I simply couldn’t give up on them as I was already so set on having them for dinner. So I just came up with something simple, easy, quick & good for everyone.
If you take a look at the recipe you will be able to see that when I say that it is quick & easy, I really meant it! This Asparagus & White Wine Pasta Sauce is sure to be a salvation on days were you just want to have a quick & tasty meal! I know that I will.
Asparagus & White Wine Pasta Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 90 g red onion diced
- 15 g garlic diced
- 225 g asparagus chopped
- 300 ml white wine
- Salt & pepper
- ¾ vegetable stock cube
- 500 g pasta
- 50 g Grana Padano grated
- Boil the pasta to your liking in some salted water.
- In a frying pan, heat up the olive oil & melt the butter.
- Add the onions & garlic. Season them with salt & pepper. Cook them for 3 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the asparagus & vegetable stock cube to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Add the white wine to the pan & bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta & garnish with the cheese.