White Fish in Tomato Sauce
A delicious recipe thanks to my mother-in-law. Serve it with some fresh bread to dip in such a tasty sauce.
- 90 g white onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 courgette sliced
- 35 g capers
- 6 bay leaves
- 700 g polpa
- 550 g white fish
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fish stock cube
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the courgette & the green bell pepper for 10 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally. When done cooking, transfer them to a plate.
- In the same pan, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the white fish & start cooking it. While the fish is cooking, start flaking it. Cook the fish for 4 minutes over medium heat. When the fish is done cooking, transfer it to a plate.
- In the same pan, heat another 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Fry the onion for 4 minutes over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Lower the heat & then add the polpa, bay leaves, pepper, capers & the fish stock cube. Stir everything together.
- Bring to a boil & then add the cooked courgettes, green bell peppers & fish. Stir everything together.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 29gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 321mgPotassium: 628mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 208IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!