I love cooking with rice especially when it’s a simple & easy recipe. My favorite vegetable is sweet corn so tying these two components together & creating this recipe was perfect for our family.
Sometimes cutting corners especially on busy days, happens. As long as you end up with a delicious & tasty meal for you & your loved ones to enjoy, nothing else matters!
Tell me if you feel the same way about cooking on busy days. Also, I would love to hear your feedback on this recipe & how you’d rate it!
Rice Casserole with Sausage & Sweet Corn
- 300 g rice
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Salt & pepper
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 300 g pork sausage cut into chunks
- 250 g fresh sweet corn cut into 5 or more slices
- ½ tbsp meat seasoning
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley diced
- 300 g mixed frozen vegetables
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a casserole pan, heat the oil.
- Add the sausage & season it with meat seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Cook for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetables, cherry tomatoes & sweet corn to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Cover the pan.
- Add the rice, stock, parsley & turmeric to the pan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 25 minutes.