One Pan Chicken Drumsticks with Rice & Vegetables
In this recipe you get the tender chicken drumsticks with the delicious rice & vegetables by just using the one pan. Easy & delicious food.
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 110 g onion diced
- 8 g garlic diced
- 170 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 90 g frozen peas
- 250 g basmati rice
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 18 g butter
- 55 g carrots diced
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- In a small bowl, mix the paprika powder, curry powder & a pinch of salt & pepper. Rub the chicken drumsticks with this mixture.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron casserole. Add the chicken drumsticks & over high heat, brown them on each side. Cook for approximately 10 minutes. After cooking, put the chicken aside.
- In the same casserole, melt the butter & then add the onions, garlic & peas. Cook for 6 minutes over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Melt the stock cubes in the boiling water.
- Add the rice, stock, cherry tomatoes & turmeric to the casserole. Stir well together & bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to the casserole, lower heat & simmer for 20 minutes.
Calories: 492kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 29gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 542mgPotassium: 562mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 2430IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 54mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Tried this tonight and it was delicious! Will definitely make again. Was a great change of pace.