Chicken Pesto Casserole
One of my go-to, easy, straight forward recipe on a busy day.
- 140 g green pesto
- 630 g chicken breast cut into stripes
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 250 g mozzarella chopped
- 200 g white rice boiled
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a casserole pan, start with covering the bottom of the dish with some pesto. Place a layer of chicken strips. Season them with salt & pepper. Brush the chicken with another layer of pesto & then place the tomato slices all over the dish. Keep layering until all the ingredients are used.
- Finish with topping everything with chopped mozzarella.
- Cover the dish with foil & cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After the 45 minutes, remove the foil & continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Mix some of the excess pesto oil from the casserole dish with the boiled rice & serve with the chicken.
Calories: 696kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 53gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 907mgPotassium: 834mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1688IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 400mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!