Creamy Chicken, Vegetable & Coconut Soup
I absolutely love soups & I have tried many chicken soups. But they all have come from my country's tradition or family recipes. So I had to try & have a go at the chicken soup. I must say that everyone was very happy with it & that's why I am sharing it with you!
- 600 g chicken breast chopped
- 170 g yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 20 g garlic diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 550 g broccoli, chopped
- 240 g carrot chopped
- 150 g peas frozen
- 300 g potatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 400 g besciamella sauce
- Melt the butter in a casserole pan.
- Add the onions & garlic. Season them with pepper & curry powder. Cook them for 4 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken & chicken seasoning to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, broccoli, carrots & peas to the pan. Stir everything together.
- Add the chicken stock & coconut milk to the pan. Bring to a boil & then let simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the parsley & besciamella sauce. Mix together & turn the heat off.
- Mash the soup a bit with a potatoe masher.
Calories: 737kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 31gFat: 57gSaturated Fat: 41gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 229mgPotassium: 1483mgFiber: 7gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 8545IUVitamin C: 111mgCalcium: 170mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!